Hopkins Shutouts Haverford, 2-0
• Score: #6 Johns Hopkins – 2 • Haverford - 0
• Records: JHU (9-1, 3-0 CC) • Haverford (5-3, 2-1 CC)
• Location: Baltimore, MD • Homewood Field
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women's soccer team earned its second straight shutout victory as the Blue Jays blanked visiting Haverford, 2-0 on Saturday night at Homewood Field.
How it Happened
• The two teams played a defensive first half as they combined for just five shots in the first 45 minutes of play. JHU keeper Robyn Lipschultz made some nice saves in the half to keep the game scoreless.
• Emily Maheras broke the scoreless tie as she got the ball in the box and drilled a shot past the Fords goaltender at 54:42.
• At 80:33 freshman Rachel Jackson took the ball off a defenders' leg and laced a shot into the bottom right-hand corner of the goal for the 2-0 lead, and Hopkins would hold the Fords scoreless and claim the 2-0 victory.
What it Means
• The Blue Jays have won their last seven matches.
• JHU is 22-7-4 all-time against the Fords and has won the last six meetings.
• Hopkins has won its last 14 Centennial Conference regular season matches.
Inside the Box Score
• Maheras now had three goals on the year while Jackson has seven, which is tied for the team lead. Jackson's 16 points are also tied for the most on the team with Maggie Coulson.
• Lipschultz improves to 5-1 on the year with her second shutout of the season as she made two saves in the match.
• Johns Hopkins returns to action on Wednesday, October 3 as they will travel to Dickinson for a 5 pm matchup with the Red Devils.
- 30 -