Hopkins Shutouts Dickinson, 1-0
• Score: #5 Johns Hopkins - 1 • Dickinson - 0
• Records: JHU (10-1, 4-0 CC) • Dickinson (6-3-2, 2-2-1)
• Location: Carlisle, PA • Miller Memorial Field
• The Short Story: The fifth-ranked Johns Hopkins women's soccer team shutout Dickinson on Wednesday afternoon to earn the teams' eighth consecutive victory.
How it Happened
• The early portions of the first half were controlled by the defense before Rachel Jackson was fouled in the box and Emily Maheras stepped up for the penalty kick. Just like she did last week against Penn St. Berks, Maheras buried the kick to give JHU a 1-0 lead at 17:42.
• Neither team could get much going in the second half until late when Jackson had an opportunity to put JHU up by two, but her shot was turned away by Mary Katherine Brosnan.
• The Red Devils had a chance to tie the match at 88:24, but her shot was saved by Robyn Lipschultz, and Hopkins claimed the 1-0 win.
What it Means
• JHU extends its winning streak to eight, and the Blue Jays have won their last 15 Centennial Conference regular season matches.
• Johns Hopkins 21-6-4 all-time against the Red Devils and have won the last eight meetings.
• This is the third straight shutout victory for the Blue Jays and is the seventh shutout overall this season.
Inside the Box Score
• The goal for Maheras was her third straight game-winning goal and her fourth goal overall this season.
• Lipschultz made two saves in the game to improve to 5-1 this season. This was also her second shutout victory of the season.
• Johns Hopkins outshot Dickinson 12-6 and put six shots on net while the Red Devils put only two on goal.
• JHU returns to the pitch on Saturday, October 6 for a 1 pm match at Muhlenberg.
- 30 -